Thursday, June 26, 2008

A review on a post on e-tailing from My E-Commerce blog.


Recently I have review on a post on e-Tailing from My E-Commerce blog, http://ecommerze.blogspot.com/search/label/e-Tailing. Now I would like to share my opinion with you.

In my mind, the online sales goods consumers purchased should be something related to computer like hardware and software. I think most of the people will think so too. However, from the blog, I found that, there is a change in 2006 showing that consumers spent more on clothes rather than computers.

It is surprisingly for me to know that, the spending for apparel, accessories and footwear sales hit US$18.3 (RM64) billion as compare to US$17.2 (RM60) billion for computers. This result is reported by Shop.org. There is a different of US$1.1(RM4) billion. In my opinion, this is because after sales service is more important for computer compare to clothes. Consumers will prefer purchases computer in physical market rather than by online transaction. Besides, the quality of online product is suspicion. Computer is much more expensive compare to clothes. If there is default in online product and cannot be exchange, consumers would not like to buy things which are expensive.

The online travel expenses is US$73.4 billion of the online transactions, topping the e-tailing market. This shows that, many people spend on online traveling. In my opinion, this is because online traveling may have discount compare to physical market. Traveling company try to avoid agent fees which need in physical market to reduce cost. This will bring more profit for the traveling company. For consumers, they also benefit from discount given online.

No comments: